Quick Infomation Guide

Map of the Borough (click here)

The twice a week collection schedule is as follows:

  • Properties in the 1st & 3rd Precincts (located east of Swarthmore Avenue) are collected Monday & Thursday. Recyclables are collected every Wednesday.
  • Properties in the 2nd & 4th Precincts (located west of Swarthmore Avenue and south of Chester Pike) are collected Tuesday & Friday. Recyclables are collected every  Wednesday.

Note: When scheduled trash collection day or recycling collection days are holidays, collection WILL be made the NEXT scheduled pick-up day.

Yard Waste - yard waste will be picked up the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month.  Yard Waste must be in a trash can with no lid or in bio-degradable bags.  No yardwaste will be picked up in plastic bags.

Grass clippings are trash.

Call the Borough Office if you have an item containing freon (refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners) to be picked up. There is a $25.00 charge to defer the cost of removal. A sticker to be placed on the appliance will be issued. Items will be picked up on Tuesdays and Thursdays by the Highway Department. Items must be placed at the curb with the doors removed.

Any questions about TRASH or RECYCLING please contact B&L Disposal at 484-326-9774.

(Maps are in Adobe PDF format)

A Certificate of Occupancy is required whenever there is a change in ownership in a residential owner-occupied structure. In addition, an annual Certificate of Occupancy is required for each rental dwelling unit.

The fee for private residences and duplexes is $100.00 and $50.00 for any required re-inspection. Please call the Code Enforcement officer at (610) 532-2100 to schedule an inspection. A Use and Occupancy Certificate must be issued before occupancy can take place.

Building Permit

A Building Permit must be obtained before putting up a fence, shed , pool, deck, roof or addition. Your contractor must register with the Borough. Refer to the Permits and Forms page on this website for more details.

Zoning Ordinance

Please click here to view the current Borough Zoning Ordinance.

Animal Control

If you are having problems with wild animals or you find a lost dog or cat call Delaware County Animal Control (610)-522-1113.

Sewer Problems

If you are having sewer problems call Borough Hall (610-)532-2100 during business hours. After business hours call 911 and they will contact our Highway Department.

Handicapped Parking

To obtain a Handicapped Parking space in front of your home contact the Borough office at 610-532-2100. A form must be obtained and signed by your Doctor. Make sure your house number is visible from the street in case of an emergency.

Cable Television problems should be referred to your provider.

Borough TV and Council Meetings may be viewed on Comcast channel 10 or RCN channel 52 or Verizon channel 41.


Dogs must be leashed. Owner must clean up after their pet.

School Closing Numbers

Ridley Schools-453
St. Madeline’s-485
Ridley School District-(610)-534-1900
St. Madeline’s St. Rose School -(610)-583-3662

Other Important Phone Numbers

PECO Electric and Gas- CUSTOMER SERVICE -(800)- 494-4000
EMERGENCY SERVICE -(800)-841-4141

PennDOT – report a road problem at 1-800-FIX ROAD or 1-800-349-7623

AQUA Water:  Customer Service 1-877-987-2782 or 610-328-7711.  To report a watermain break – contact 911…