Recycling Mascot Poster Contest 2016
Show Us How Your Mascot Would Impact Ridley Park Recycling
Attention Students K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12!
Let’s celebrate Earth Month 2016!
Ridley Park Recycling Committee challenges you to create a mascot recycle poster to decorate Borough Hall to help promote recycling. Please be sure to follow the rules and guidelines, as one mascot in each age group category will win special recognition at the June 2016 council meeting. In addition, the winning mascots may be used in future publications.
WHO: Kids in grades K-12 who live in or attend school in Ridley Park.
- Schools: Lakeview, Leedom, St James Regional, Ridley Middle, Ridley High and homeschool or other private schools
WHAT: Create a recycle mascot to help promote recycling in Ridley Park. The artwork should be on a piece of paper, card stock, or poster board, dimensions: 8.5” x 11” or 11” x 14″ – Designs must be horizontal.
- Designs must include the name of the mascot.
- Designs can be created with crayons, magic markers, paint, color pencils, ink, and/or digital.
- Each poster must have the artist’s name, age, grade, address, and phone number clearly printed on the back of the art work. Entries without this information will not be eligible.
WHEN: Submissions must be turned into Borough Hall by May 6.
- The contest winners will be announced at the June 21, 2016 council meeting.
Questions and Entries can be directed to Borough of Ridley Park, Attn: Councilor Samantha Snow, 105 W. Ward St. Ridley Park, PA 19078, telephone 610-532-2100 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LOOKING FOR COMPOST: PLEASE see the following website where you can obtain compost materials free of charge. http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/recycle/composting.html
RIDLEY PARK BOROUGH wins the Waste Watchers Award for 2011!
RECYCLING IS EVERY WEDNESDAY. IN THE EVENT OF STORMS OR HOLIDAYS, RECYCLES ARE NOT DAY AFTER PICKUPS.
YARD WASTE PICK UP is the 3RD WEDNESDAY OF EACH MONTH – Yard Waste must be in either bio-degradable bags or in your trash can, without a lid. NO PLASTIC BAGS!!!
NO YARDWASTE IN PLASTIC BAGS WILL BE PICKED UP.
Grass Clippings are TRASH
RECYCLING NEWSLETTER here